We all know that by managing our stress more effectively, we can more easily reverse the symptoms of chronic pain.
Enter meditation. Practicing meditation is an ideal solution for reducing your stress and easing your symptoms. It can be as easy as taking a few minutes to concentrate, and as simple as closing your eyes and watching your breath.
Let’s look at some of the ways meditation can help you:
- Meditation diverts attention away from pain. Concentrating on pain creates more of it. And the more you focus on it, you more you feel it. Directing your attention away from pain is clinically proven to relieve it, and meditation is a superior way to do that.
- Meditation helps reverse symptoms of chronic illness. It generates more oxygen, lowers blood pressure, and reverses stress in a number of ways. These are physical changes which alleviate pain and stress, and will reduce the symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Meditation relaxes you. It decreases metabolism and improves heart function while normalizing breathing patterns and brain waves. The mind is uncluttered and cleared of stress, which increases cognitive function and promotes a deeper sense of wellbeing.
- Meditation wards off illness and infection. Meditation is a powerful immune booster. Untreated stress damages your body and harms immune function, leaving you more vulnerable to illness and injury. When you relax and de-stress regularly, you are less prone to disease and discomfort.
- Meditation improves overall health. Brain scans have shown that meditation produces long-term improvements in metabolic function, heart rate, attention, memory, learning and mental perception.
And—did I mention? There are tremendous emotional benefits that come with meditation too. You’ll feel more present, more positive and more confident, all while cultivating true peace of mind. These in turn enhance your ability to reverse the pain and symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
For help and guidance with meditation and mental imagery, check out the free resources available to you at HelpingHealing.com
To your improving health –