Let’s stride back to the future to review some timeless wisdom for an ageless audience. I am honored to re-mind you of a few rules for cultivating your life of meaning. Be sure to make good use of them:
- Remain in touch with who you are. Contemplation, meditation, and journaling are some of the many activities that shed light on what makes you tick. They further your ability to observe your emotions, reactions, dreams, and fears from a position of neutrality. This is the mental foundation for living effectively in the world.
- Make conscious choices about how you program your mind. Be selective about what you pay attention to-including the media you absorb, the people you spend time with, the books you read and the world events that captivate you.
- Choose not to get caught up in the opinions of others. This is especially necessary where you are the subject of their conjecture. By not taking it personally, you’ve chosen to take better care of yourself. Bonus: You’ll discover more time in your life to enjoy being alive.
- Embrace your challenges. Without them, there is no meaningful growth. Never stop tackling your fears and your life will never be boring.
- Nurture your ties to your tribe. Your circle of friends and life-mates are a strong source of support, guidance, and companionship. They are your true wealth, the gifts that keep on giving.
- Find the beauty that constantly surrounds and enfolds you. It’s in the eye of the beholder, so be holdin’ the space to receive it.
- Move your body! Movement connects us to the earth in a visceral way. Find physical activities you enjoy, and consciously test your limits. Feel blessed to have a responsive body, and revere your temple. If you need a reason, how about this one: It’s the only body you’ve got.
As always, love and light are yours –